I’m working on a biology writing question and need a sample draft to help me learn.
ASM 345 Homework #6: The Age of AIDS
Watch segment 1 -4 (about the AIDS crisis in the 1980s) in part I (the first ~55:40 minutes) of the Age of AIDS: https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/aids/ Please use complete sentences.
- What were the characteristics of the early cases of AIDS? What were the characteristics of the people with early cases in the US? Were these the same as those with early cases in Europe? What were the major concerns as cases increased?
- In 1983, Dr. Mervyn Silverman said that AIDS is the most political disease. Why does he say this? What are some of the social issues and stigma associated with the disease during the early days of the AIDS crisis?
- What were early ideas about the cause of AIDS? Once the virus was discovered, why does Dr. Fauci describe AIDS as the tip of the iceberg?
- How does HIV likely begin and become a pandemic in Africa?
- Watch the following TED talk (16 minutes): https://www.ted.com/talks/arik_hartmann_our_treatment_of_hiv_has_advanced_why_hasn_t_the_stigma_changed#t-149718. What are some of the social issues and stigma associated with the disease that Arik Hartmann experienced and how are these different (or not) from the early days of the AIDS crisis? Why are these issues a problem from a public health perspective? What surprised you in this video?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."