Write a news story based on the following information. Please use the standard style discussed in the book and in class. Be sure to include as many of the 5 Ws and H as possible in your lead sentence. Remember to think about what the news is. That will dictate what your lead will be and your title as well. Give it a title that covers the gist of the news. Dont string long quotes together. Paraphrase (see note below), and be sure to cite the source of the information for all facts and quotes you didnt witness firsthand.
- There was an award ceremony for five firefighters last Friday.
- Winston Chen, Brent Adams, Everett Clayton, Juan Gonzales, and Nathan Lewis received Awards of Merit.
- The firefighters saved Alejandro Moreno from the Los Angeles River.
- Morenos dump truck slipped into the river and Moreno was stranded on its roof, surrounded by swift and deep water.
- The incident occurred near the 3rd Street bridge on January 10, 2020. Yes, this is the correct datethe rescue is not a current event]
- The rescue was accomplished by helicopter.
- Chen was lowered to Moreno and successfully pulled him into the helicopter.
- Dennis Nguyen, a spokesman for the Los Angeles City Fire Department, said:
The truck was trapped directly below power lines, but using a helicopter, firefighters managed to pluck Moreno from harm.
They put the safety and well-being of the citizen above their own safety.
With great risk, these members skillfully maneuvered their helicopter, lowered Firefighter Winston Chen to capture the victim and successfully delivered him to the waiting emergency companies.
Notes: Think about what is the news here. What is the most current event? What explains the why and how of that event? News stories do not include long quotes. Material in quotes can be paraphrased (summarized) as long as it is attributed. For instance, you could write Nguyen explained the great risks involved in maneuvering the helicopter Remember to include a WWWWW and possibly H in your lead sentence. The title should capture the gist of the news. The news story should be double-spaced with indented paragraphs. Keep paragraphs short in news stories. One-sentence paragraphs are acceptable in news style.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."