Building on the Strategic Planning and Development assignment from Week 3, prepare a 10-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation, with narration, of your plan to present to the executive committee.
In this assignment, use the health care organization you selected in your Week 3 assignment. Determine why you are embarking on this strategic planning process (securing funding, establishing and focusing on organizational priorities, et cetera). In this presentation:
- Establish a clear vision for the strategic planning process.
- Paint a picture of where your organization will be going and of your desired outcomes.
- Ensure the picture is reality; not just what you or your executive committee may want to have.
- Make certain the strategic plan allows employees to know why the organization is changing.
Your 10-slide PowerPoint presentation should follow this format:
Slide 1: Cover Slide
- Include the title of your presentation, your name, the course number and course title, your professor’s name, the university’s name, and the date.
Slide 2: Background/Executive Summary
- The title of this slide should be Executive Summary.
- Describe the details of the situation.
- Use bullets with short phrases.
Slide 3: Thesis Statement
- The title of this slide should be Thesis Statement.
- Identify the focus of your research.
Slides 4-9: Support
- Support your thesis statement following the SESC formula: state, explain, support, and conclude. (Use Sublevel 1 and 2 Headings to provide coherence and organization.)
- Provide in-text citations using the format in the Strayer Writing Standards.
- Slides should be concise – basically no more than seven bullets per slide and no more than seven words per bullet.
- Most information in a PowerPoint presentation should be contained within the notes section.
Slide 10: References
- Locate at least three peer-reviewed journal articles to support your work. For example, to identify the clinical quality that does not compare to other hospitals, see the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Hospital CompareLinks to an external site. site.
- Use the Strayer Writing Standards format for your references.
Note: Refer to the instructions and PowerPoint resources in the Week 5 Assignment Preparation for support in completing this assignment.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The library is your home for SWS assistance, including citations and formatting. Please refer to the Library site for all support. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Your presentation must include all of the elements listed below, so be sure to address each point. You may also want to review the performance-level descriptions for each criterion in the scoring guide to see how your work will be assessed:
- Determine why you are embarking on this strategic planning process.
- Analyze the differences between strategic management, strategic thinking, strategic planning, and managing strategic momentum.
- Justify the analytical tool that will be the most effective in helping the organization achieve its strategic plan; support the proposal with an example of how it will be used.
- Examine the three internal and three external factors that you discovered during your research that could be barriers to the success of your proposed strategic plan; discuss solutions to each of the barriers.
- Examine the most effective manner of reaching the specific segments of the market that your organization’s strategic plan will target.
- Evaluate how well the strategic plan you have developed aligns with the organization’s mission and vision. Recommend at least one solution to track the effectiveness of your strategic plan.
- Use at least three quality academic resources.
- Use Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library for resources.
- Meet requirements for clarity, writing mechanics, and SWS formatting.
The specific course outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Outline the process for implementing and evaluating a health care organization’s strategic plan.
View RubricWeek 6 Assignment – Strategic Planning Implementation and EvaluationWeek 6 Assignment – Strategic Planning Implementation and EvaluationCriteriaRatingsPtsDe
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."