Psych Week 11 Dq 2
SOCIAL CHANGE WITHIN DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY
Throughout this course, you may have gravitated to certain stages of development and certain research topics. Perhaps you found cognitive development during early childhood particularly appealing. Perhaps you are interested in the process of identity development during adolescence and the influence of culture. Maybe you want to learn more about how older adults cope with Alzheimer’s disease. There are endless questions and endless opportunities to affect change, improve human development, and positively impact the overall quality of life.
Take your curiosities and interests a step further and generate some ideas for positive social change in those areas. Do not limit yourself to what your current resources or capacities are; if you had ample resources at your disposal, what would you want to do to affect positive social change?
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review the Walden University Social Change website and explore the possibilities for positive social change.
- Think about a research topic that involves lifespan development and how it could contribute to positive social change.
Post about a description of a research topic that involves lifespan development and explain how it could contribute to positive social change. Then, explain the actions you could take to bring about social change for that research topic possibility. Be specific.
- Cole, M. (2013). Differences and deficits in psychological research in historical perspective: A commentary on the special section Links to an external site.. Developmental Psychology, 49(1), 84–91. doi:10.1037/a0029623
- Russell, S. T. (2015). Human developmental science for social justice Links to an external site.. Research in Human Development, 12(3–4), 274–279. doi:10.1080/15427609.2015.1068049
- Serpell, R., & Marfo, K. (2014). Some long-standing and emerging research lines in Africa Links to an external site.. New Directions for Child and Adolescent Development, 2014(146), 1–22. doi:10.1002/cad.20070
- Stein, G. L., Cupito, A. M., Mendez, J. L., Prandoni, J., Huq, N., & Westerberg, D. (2014). Familism through a developmental lens Links to an external site.. Journal of Latina/o Psychology, 2(4), 224–250. doi:10.1037/lat0000025
- Sternberg, R. J. (2014). The development of adaptive competence: Why cultural psychology is necessary and not just nice Links to an external site.. Developmental Review, 34(3), 2087–224. doi:10.1016/j.dr.2014.05.004
- Walden University. (2016). Social change Links to an external site.. Retrieved from https://www.waldenu.edu/about/social-change
- WORLD Policy Analysis Center Links to an external site.. (2015). Retrieved from http://worldpolicycenter.org/
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."