I’m working on a psychology question and need support to help me learn.
BACKGROUND: Addiction is a complex disorder that sparks many changes to occur within the brain. I am using this assignment to have you take a deeper dive into the mechanisms underlying addiction to help you both memorize them and understand how individuals can become addicted to more than drugs. Understanding these mechanisms can help you not only comprehend the more difficult topics of this course but can also give you a more profound understanding of others that are struggling with addiction.
ASSIGNMENT: You will answer the following questions, please number your answers to make the review easier:
1) Define addiction (using the 4 pillars of addiction) (10 points)
2) Describe the craving and tolerance cycle (15 points)
3) Explain how addiction occurs making sure to include neurotransmitters and pathways and how highly detailed, emotional memories of the reward occur? (15 points)
4) Answer the following question using your knowledge of the effects of drugs on the brain: How can taking a drug lead to long-term changes in the brain including genetic expression alterations? (20 points)
5) Describe the influence of cocaine on the brain and how its effects can lead to tolerance and dependence. Then contrast the effects of cocaine with the effects amphetamine on the brain. (20 points)
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."